petdoctor

A Cornelia veterinarian explores rich memories of becoming a veterinarian, her veterinary education,and people and places along the way. Gain insights into the daily life of a small animal veterinarian in northeast Georgia.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Just Another Gorilla Day for Mom

Young children have the ability to ground you just when you are beginning to think you are special. Dr. Rita McManamon presented me with a video taken while I was working with the gorillas at Zoo Atlanta. She understood how very much this would mean to me. Of course, I was very excited and rushed home to see it.

Upon arriving home, I asked one of my sons to set up the video recorder so we could see this special video. The three of us were seated in front of the monitor. I could hardly wait. After only a very few short moments as both boys departed the room, my youngest son called back over his shoulder, " Mom, that's just you cleaning some gorilla's teeth".

Yea, sure, everyone's mom cleans gorilla's teeth. I was put in my place yet again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home