petdoctor

A Cornelia veterinarian explores rich memories of becoming a veterinarian, her veterinary education,and people and places along the way. Gain insights into the daily life of a small animal veterinarian in northeast Georgia.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Shout Out to Veterinarians at the Inauguration

Did you catch the shout out to veterinarians during the inauguration?  You missed it?
"...suturing the wounds of a unicorn..."  Tell me I did not imagine that line.

In veterinary college, we learned to suture on a foam pillow form.  When I was practicing the different suture patterns, I was not seeing a foam pillow.  I was suturing a unicorn.  She was beautiful- shimmering, absolutely breathtaking.  I did not share this information with any of my classmates.  Did I want them to think me crazy?  I did share the names of the suture patterns we were practicing with my professor.  Not the names as they are known in the veterinary world, but the names as they are known in the embroidery world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home