petdoctor

A Cornelia veterinarian explores rich memories of becoming a veterinarian, her veterinary education,and people and places along the way. Gain insights into the daily life of a small animal veterinarian in northeast Georgia.

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Will Wheeler

Truly, I do not know if I remember Wheeler, or if I just remember his pictures. He died when I was two years old, and he is buried in our family graveyard with all those many long deceased Chambers (Chalmers) ancestors.

As a gravely ill young child he came to live with my Great-Grandfather John R. Chambers and his family. Wheeler became a well respected and well loved member of our family.

Recently, Dr. Max White, a professor at Piedmont College, sent a copy of a paper he delivered at a conference in North Carolina. He cited Wheeler and his relationship with my family as evidence of families in North Georgia that formed deep bonds with members of the Cherokee Nation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home