petdoctor

A Cornelia veterinarian explores rich memories of becoming a veterinarian, her veterinary education,and people and places along the way. Gain insights into the daily life of a small animal veterinarian in northeast Georgia.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Doctor Mommy

Dr. Pam Stone telephoned my home to discuss a particular veterinary case, and the phone was answered by my youngest son, John. He was very young at the time. This was a period when the boys were calling me "Doctor Mommy". Dr. Stone asked John, "May I speak with your mother?" John answered, "I don't have a mother." Dr. Stone was floored by his reply.

The following day, she really kidded me about John's reply. I almost never lived that down. In fact, I am writing about it with reluctance in case all the ribbing begins again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home