petdoctor

A Cornelia veterinarian explores rich memories of becoming a veterinarian, her veterinary education,and people and places along the way. Gain insights into the daily life of a small animal veterinarian in northeast Georgia.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Wildlife Encounters

The first time I saw elk was over ten years ago on the Moreno Ranch West owned by Bobby Butler. Within the past two days, I have seen three herds of elk on the Moreno Ranch and on Philmont Scout Ranch. The elk were all magnificient. Quietly watching these huge beautiful creatures was such an experience.

In addition to the elk, we saw antelope and buffalo. I warned Philip not to allow the buffalo to smell his breath because he had just eaten a buffalo burger in Eagle Nest. I felt rather smug, being vegetarian, I did not have to worry about "buffalo breath".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home