petdoctor

A Cornelia veterinarian explores rich memories of becoming a veterinarian, her veterinary education,and people and places along the way. Gain insights into the daily life of a small animal veterinarian in northeast Georgia.

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Chasing Squirrels

Sometimes we just feel bad because our mouth hurts. I broke a tooth very recently, and Dr. Mark Barr did an emergency root canal to save my tooth & stop the pain. I seem to always be able to relate to how my patients feel, and this was the case with a particular beautiful and loving feline patient.

She was experiencing severe dental pain, and I cancelled my trip to New Mexico to stay in town & attempt to help her. It was a very involved case. I was quite concerned about how my senior patient had handled the stress of an extended anesthetic episode and oral surgery so I telephoned her owner the following morning. Much to my relief, it was reported that the feline in question had been outside chasing a squirrel.

I also felt great the day after my root canal; however, I left the squirrels alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home